Tuesday, April 13

Ach! Mein update!

It's been a while since I updated this thing... guess I've been too busy doing nothing.

Most of my level went to the Europe trip this week so now it's 19 days of free periods and random chaos in school. There are like 10 people in some of my classes... the teachers just basically say "Do what you want" and we talk for 50 minutes. Every period. I guess it would have been nice to go to Europe (5000$) but this ain't bad either.

I applied for a job at Subway the other day and I will probably apply to another one closer to my house soon. If I get this job you'll probably see me expose all the rumors behind Subway like the toppings are two weeks old or they don't bother washing their hands or whatever. Most likely, I'll just whine about French people though.

You see, the only reason I specifically chose Subway is because of the simplicity of their menu. You can order a 6 inch, a 12 inch and maybe a cookie but that's about it. I can barely make out what a lot of French people are saying most of the time because of how fast they speak. Working at a McDonalds, with their huge menu, would probably confuse the hell out of me to the point where I burn the place down. Now Subway, on the other hand, has a relatively simple menu. Even the meats are universal in some cases... "steak", "roast beef" and "tuna" are examples of this. If I get real lucky, mostly English people will show up and I won't have to bust out my crappy French. Oh well, that's what I get for living in Quebec.

Lately I've been playing a little bit of Battlefield: Vietnam which is what I'm going to go do now. Before I go, I just want to leave you with something special.

You know that guy who always says the punchline to a joke before someone else can?
He'll usually stay quiet during the joke's setup, but at a point just before the punchline is ready, he'll proclaim it to the world because he's already heard the joke before. Usually just before the joke teller finishes his sentence, he'll step in and take over. Example:

"What's the opposite of Christoph--"
"Christopher Reeves!"

Of course, the setup was "What's the opposite of Christopher Walken?", but this guy didn't wait for that part to come before finishing the joke himself. Almost every group of friends will have this guy in it.

I'm that guy.

Sorry.

No comments: