Thursday, April 1

Prom shenanigans

So everyone is currently obsessed with either their newfound acceptance letters to college or the upcoming grad night. When I'm not hearing someone say "I GOT ACCEPTED INTO JOHN ABBOT BABY WOOOOO" as if the person thinks that the president of Canada just personally invited them to attend Harvard, I'm hearing about hotel rentals and prom dresses and limos and afterparties.

I don't get how you can get so worked up over prom. It costs you about the entire yearly budget of a small African country for one night. Then you leave the dance to change clothes and get as wasted as humanly possible. Why don't people just skip all the stuff inbetween and go right to the parties afterward?

I'm probably going to spend around 86$ total for prom night. Instead of renting a tux I can just buy one of those white t-shirts with a bowtie drawn on. Classy and affordable.

No comments: